On October 1-2, 2021 we will gather for our 2021 IMN KidCon (formally known as Dream Conference). The goal of IMN KidCon is for kids to experience and contemplate the endless possibilities of why God created them. Imagine for a moment what would happen if kids and adults from all across Iowa would encounter God in such a way that the courses of their lives would be changed forever! I believe God is up to something all around our state, and He is raising up children in Iowa for some incredible things.
IMN KidCon is important to me for a few reasons:
• Experience- When we have a change of pace and place, we can experience God in a new way. Providing opportunities for our kids to have these experiences
is extremely valuable.
• Participate – KidCon allows kids to realize they are a part of a larger missional movement while engaging with God.
• Imagine- God wants to speak to our kids and it is our desire that they will leave with lasting impressions on their lives.
• Connect- We will be creating moments for our kids to grow and connect with God, each other, and their leaders.
Our guest speaker is Kyle Jorris. Kyle has been in kids ministry his entire life. You may remember him as being one of our camp speakers. Kyle is not only a premiere communicator to children but he is now a kids pastor in North Dakota! We are excited to have him back! During this year’s breakout sessions (also known as discovery zones), kids and leaders alike will have opportunities to grow in their faith. During the discovery zones, we will learn how to hear God’s voice, participate in a special project, and there will be a breakout just for leaders. Join us for this incredible weekend where our kids will take part in worship and experience God in fun,
Important things to remember:
• Lodging is included, but you will need to bring bedding!
• Meals included are: Friday late night party, Saturday breakfast & Saturday lunch. There will be no dinner on Friday. Make sure your group eats before you arrive.
• All leaders 18 or older will need to have a current background check complete and sent to the IMN office by September 21.
I am looking forward to seeing you at KidCon Conference!
IMN Children’s Director
6:00 PM Registration
6:30 PM Pre-Service Mayhem
7:00 PM Service #1
8:30 PM Room time
Prep for late night
9:00 PM Late Night
11:00 PM Lights Out
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Free Time/Load Out
9:00 AM Pre-Service Mayhem
9:15 AM Service #2
10:15 AM Discovery Zones
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Service #3
2:00 PM Dismiss
What to bring to IMN KidCon:
Spending money for KidCon Store
Items for Late night theme “Red Carpet VIP” (think Moive Stars, Grammys and The Oscars)
How will housing work during IMN KidCon?
Your registration cost includes your housing! How great is that? Lodging will be dormitory style and rooms will be assigned based on church groups. Depending on the size of your group, you may even have the awesome opportunity to lodge with another church and make new friends! Remember that you will need to bring your own bedding.
Will I need to provide any food for my group?
No! Your registration includes all of your meals! Just make sure your kids have eaten dinner before you arrive to KidCon on Friday.
What do my adult chaperones need to do in order to come to IMN KidCon?
Every leader 16 years old or older MUST send in a current (ran within the last 12 months) criminal records check to the Iowa Ministry Network Office. These are due postmarked by September 21.
Do my students need to bring extra money to IMN KidCon?
Extra money is optional, however, our KidCon Store will be open with lots of cool stuff to buy!
Can I bring walk-ons?
Yes, you are welcome to bring walk-ons. However, the walk-on cost will be $85 per registrant.